Tuesday, August 17, 2004

No reason to get excited

Top ten things I am excited about with regard to this whole house thing:

10) Don't have to call anyone to get permission to paint the walls.

9) Nasty carpet is so gone. (Instead of something you just live with because, well, you have to.)

8) I get a GARDEN! YAY! Peas straight off the vine, bay-bies!

7) A Room of One's Own. Namely, a sewing room. All for me.

6) Heated garage. Hank will be overjoyed. (Unless he's so shocked he goes into a car-coma.)

5) My ideas will actually become reality, at least part of the time. I get to plan things for, you know, the future.

4) Dinner parties. Patio parties. Barbeques. Movie nights. In short, we'll have room to entertain. (Our last place, maximum occupancy was somewhere around 4. Including the two of us.)

3) I want a hammock. There's a distinct possibility I'll actually get one. (Good thing, since the yard is made for it.)

2) Guest bedroom. (Woot!)

1) The place feels like home. I can't quite quantify the rightness of this purchase in any other words. I walked in the door, and had to blink back tears because it's just perfect for us, right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

This is what will do it for me:

http://tinyurl.com/6k2ry

It has both DVI and HDMI inputs. Paired up with a new dvd player, such as http://tinyurl.com/6wdy4 , and we've got a great home theater. Hope it fits in that cutout! :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

If it doesn't, we can add "enlarge home theatre cut-out" to the remodeling to-do list.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home